Emotional Intelligence is the combination of several social and emotional components that work together to determine how well we utilize our skills of self-perception, self-expression, the way we build and maintain relationships, solve conflict, and manage stressful challenges. It also plays an important role in how we approach decision making.
Thu, Jan 14th, 2021 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET
Thu, Jan 14th, 2021 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
Thu, Jan 14th, 2021 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM MT
Thu, Jan 14th, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PT
Public Safety is an area that requires the delicate balance of emotional intelligence and data collection to support decision making during times of duress and high stress. A wrong tactical move or a poor choice of communication can have an adverse impact on efforts to de-escalate.
During this webinar we will:
- Learn how to identify the five elements of Emotional Intelligence
- Recognize the four EQ-I elements whose central contribution plays an important role in our ability to step back from the tension of a conflict or crisis.
This is part of a six-part series:
- Jan 14: How EQ Can Make a Difference in Your Criminal Justice Career (this webinar)
- Feb 11: Emotional Intelligence: Using Self Perception and Self Awareness
- March 11: Emotional Intelligence: Recognizing Interpersonal Skills and Empathy
- April 15: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Decision Making and Reality Testing
- May 20: Emotional Intelligence: Understanding Stress Management and Flexibility
- June 17: Emotional Intelligence: Learning more about Self Expression and Emotional Expression